The Clay Minerals Group promotes the advancement of clay science and clay technology as applied to all aspects of pure and applied research and industrial uses. The interests of its members cover a wide spectrum, including mining and mineral processing, soils and plant nutrition, crystallography, sedimentary geology, ceramics, petroleum engineering and medicine. Regular meetings are held two or three times a year. The group publishes reference monographs on specific aspects of clay science, is responsible for the journal Clay Minerals, and sponsors the annual George Brown Lecture. Further details about the group are available from the secretary, H. Pendlowski at Helen.Pendlowski@hutton.ac.uk. The Group also provides CMG Bursaries to help students and CMG members attend conferences.
- Research in Progress – 2020 joint RiP with the Environmental Mineralogy Group
- George Brown Lecture
- Visit the ‘Images of Clay’ picture archive
- Office bearers in the Clay Minerals Group since foundation
- Euroclay 2015 reportResearch in Progress Meeting 2018 report
- Research in Progress Meeting 2018 report