Membership is open to all with a serious interest in the Mineral Sciences. The Society particularly encourages students to join and offers free membership for one year to all students. Download a Membership application form here or join online here. All applications for membership are considered at one of the two annual meetings of Council. These are held in April and October/November.
Types of membership
Members and Student Members join for a set fee for which they will receive the bimonthly membership magazine Elements and free online access to the online versions of Mineralogical Magazine, Clay Minerals and Elements. In addition, they may opt to subscribe to one or both of the Society’s journals in paper form.
Benefits of membership
- Opportunities to meet and work with others in your field.
- Subsidised rates for student members.
- Elements international magazine of mineralogy, geochemistry and petrology six times a year.
- Discount on all Society books and monographs.
- Reduced subscription rates to other related journals.
- Free or discounted registration fees to Society and other conferences (including the Goldschmidt meeting).
The Mineralogical Society is committed to diversity amongst its staff, leadership and membership. We operate under a climate where different ideas, abilities, backgrounds, and needs are fostered with opportunities for members from divergent experiences to participate and contribute. Contributors from these diverse backgrounds are essential for good and representative decision-making. We therefore encourage participation in any Society activity by all of our members and others, regardless of race, sex, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or disability and will undertake all reasonable efforts to ensure that our activities are open to all.